The floors have the original "body color" paint (Mission Beige). The "yellow" look you see is all the glue
used to put down that red carpet I removed.
You can see the original covering over the power strip going to the trunk
area. There was even a lot of the thick "tar paper" insulation still on the floor.
As you can see I took out the floor drain plugs. After all the glue
was loose and broken down, I took a power washer to the inside of the car. You can tell it's a project!
Now all you see of the floor is the maroon color primer or metal protectant
on the floor. A little of the original paint color remains where there was not much, if any, glue. I caused a
few scrapes even through the protectant to the bare metal. But that can all be fixed. I think I'll even try
and paint the floor back to the body color before I put down sound barrier/insulation and carpet. But that's another
project for another day. I'm very pleased with the way the floors came out and how solid they are. It confirmed
what I have believe from the start:
This is a CA car that was very well cared for over it's life to date.